Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec or SAAQ (English: Quebec Automobile Insurance Corporation Driving Licence Practice Test on Traffic. There are a total of 20 multiple choice questions that help you to prepare the SAAQ theoretical exam.
|Test Name||SAAQ Test|
|Test Type||Sample Practice Test|
|Test Preparation||Theoretical Exam/ Written Exam|
SAAQ Knowledge Practice Test on Traffic
Q1. No driver may pass another vehicle using the lane reserved for traffic moving in the opposite direction:
- A.) alongside a bicycle path.
- B.) in a 50 km/h zone.
- C.) in or when approaching a tunnel.
Q2. No driver may pass another vehicle by using the lane reserved for traffic moving in the opposite direction:
- A.) alongside a bicycle path
- B.) in or when approaching a pedestrian crosswalk identified as such.
- C.) in a 50 km/h zone.
Q3. No driver may pass another vehicle by using the lane reserved for traffic moving in the opposite direction:
- A.) when approaching the top or at the top of a hill.
- B.) alongside a bicycle path.
- C.) in a 50 km/h zone
Q4. In which one of the situations illustrated is the driver of the vehicle prohibited from passing?
- Situation A
- Situation B
- Situation C
Q5. When you are making a right turn at an intersection, you must use the turn signal light:
- A.) every time.
- B.) only if there are vehicles behind you.
- C.) only if there are vehicles coming from the opposite direction
Q6. When driving at night, you switch from high beams to low beams when the oncoming vehicle is at less than:
- A.) 50 metres
- B.) 100 metres.
- C.) 150 metres.
Q7. You are the driver of vehicle 1 and want to make a left turn. When can you make the turn?
- A.) As soon as you reach the intersection.
- B.) Before the vehicle in the opposite direction passes.
- C.) Once the vehicle in the opposite direction has passed.
Q8. You are in-vehicle 1 and are preparing to exit a private property and make a left turn. You must yield the right of way:
- A.) to the pedestrian only
- B.) to vehicle 2 only
- C.) to vehicle 2 and the pedestrian.
Q9. When approaching a level crossing, you must:
- A.) stop if the red lights are flashing
- B.) accelerate to cross the railway track as quickly as possible
- C.) stop only if a train is in sight.
Q10. At what distance from the level crossing are you required to stop when the red lights are flashing?
- A.) At whatever distance you choose
- B.) At least ve metres.
- C.) At three metres.
Q11. In the situation illustrated, vehicle 1 is approaching the intersection. If the driver wants to turn left, he must:
- A.) move to the centre of the intersection and let the cyclist go through
- B.) stop and let the cyclist and vehicle 2 go through
- C.) make sure that the cyclist will let him go through
Q12. In this situation, is the driver of Vehicle 1 authorized to pass the vehicle ahead of her?
- A). Yes, but only if the manoeuvre is initiated before the solid double line.
- B). No.
- C). Yes.
- D). Yes, as long as she doesn’t go over the speed limit.
Q13. You are driving in a residential zone within the speed limit. It starts raining lightly. What is your best course of action?
- A). Slow down.
- B). Accelerate slightly to avoid skidding.
- C). Maintain your speed, because light rain is of no consequence.
Q14. Who has to yield the right of way?
- A). None of the drivers.
- B). Only the driver in the same lane as the pedestrian.
- C). Both drivers.
- D). Only the driver in the lane next to the pedestrian.
Q15. Which of the following drivers is/are driving responsibly.
- A). 1, 2
- B). 2, 3
- C). 3, 4
- D). 3
Q16. In Québec, snow tires:
- A). are not very effective.
- B). are useless in large cities.
- C). are mandatory.
- D). high road only
Q17. Indicate which behaviours violate a regulation among behaviours 1 to 5.
- A). 1, 2, 3, 4
- B). 3, 4, 5
- C). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- D). 1, 2, 4, 5
Q18. Indicate which behaviours among 1 to 6 do not comply with regulations.
- A). 3, 5, 6
- B). 2, 3, 5, 6
- C). 1, 2, 3, 5,
- D). 4, 5, 6
Q19. Indicate which behaviours among 1 to 5 do not comply with regulations.
- A). 1, 2, 3, 5
- B). 1, 2, 4, 5
- C). 1, 2, 3,
- D). 2, 3, 4
Q20. What may you do when you are facing this arrow?
- A. Proceed straight ahead.
- B. Turn right.
- C. Proceed straight ahead or turn right.
Reference and Photo Credit: saaq.gouv.qc.ca (Gouvernement du Québec, 2020)