SAAQ Knowledge Test on Road Signals (Québec Driving Theoretical Exam): Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec or SAAQ (English: Quebec Automobile Insurance Corporation) Driviting Test wriiten examination on Road Signals.
|Test Name||SAAQ Québec Driving Knowledge Test|
|Test Type||Sample Practice Test|
|Test Preparation||Theoretical Exam/ Written Exam|
SAAQ Knowledge Test on Road Signals
Q1. The driver in the vehicle hears a siren and sees an ambulance coming in the rearview mirror. What must he do?
- A.) Maintain a constant speed because the emergency vehicle will pass him.
- B.) Slow down and keep as far to the right as possible.
- C.) Apply the brakes as soon as possible.
Q2. No person may drive a road vehicle:
- A.) if the back seat is missing.
- B.) if the spare tire is missing
- C.) if an animal or an object obstructs the driver’s view.
Q3. A driver facing a red light where a right turn on red is permitted wishes to turn right. What steps must be taken to make a safe turn?
- A.) Stop – Look – Decide
- B.) Look – Slow down – Decide.
- C.) Slow down – Look – Decide.
Q4. When should you use your low beams?
- On well-lit roads.
- When visibility is poor because of rain or snow.
- When visibility is poor because of fog.
- When you are driving behind another vehicle.
A. 1, 2
B. 1, 2, 3
C. 1, 2, 4
D. 1, 2, 3, 4
Q5. A yellow traffic light indicates that you must:
- A.) stop.
- B.) slow down.
- C.) accelerate.
Q6. You are crossing an intersection when the lights suddenly turn yellow. You must:
- A.) stop the vehicle and back up.
- B.) finish crossing the intersection.
- C.) accelerate as much as possible.
Q7. At the intersection illustrated, the driver of vehicle 1 is facing a yellow light. Before proceeding straight ahead, he must:
- A.) stop and wait for the green light.
- B.) speed up to cross as quickly as possible.
- C.) look to the left and right to make sure that the way is clear.
Q8. You wish to make a right turn. Pedestrians are already in the intersection when the orange hand silhouette of the pedestrian light stops flashing. What must you do?
- A.) Enter the intersection and turn slowly.
- B.) Move over to the left lane.
- C.) Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
Q9. At the intersection illustrated, the driver of vehicle 1 is facing a red light. Before proceeding straight ahead, he must:
- A.) move up to the pedestrian crossing and stop if necessary.
- B.) stop at the stop line and wait for the green light.
- C.) slow down and move forward slowly if no other vehicle is coming.
Q10. What may you do when you are facing this arrow?
- A. Turn left.
- B. Proceed straight ahead or turn left.
- C. Proceed straight ahead.
Q11. Under what circumstances may you cross a solid single line?
Q15. Which of the following illustrations shows where you must stop your vehicle at an intersection if the light is red?
Q16. You are the driver of vehicle A stopped at an intersection with a stop sign and want to make a left turn. The driver in vehicle B facing you in the opposite direction signals his intention to make a right turn, but has not yet reached the intersection. Who has priority?
- A. You, in-vehicle A.
- B. Both of you can turn at the same time.
- C. The driver of vehicle B.
Q17. The driver of the vehicle wants to turn left. Is the manoeuvre allowed?
- A. No, because access is prohibited.
- B. Yes, if there are no pedestrians or vehicles around.
- C. Yes, but the driver must drive quickly to clear the way as soon as possible.
Q.18 Who is allowed to use the median on a highway?
- A. All vehicles.
- B. All vehicles, in the event of a traffic jam.
- C. Authorized vehicles only.
Q19. Where traffic at an intersection is directed by a peace officer, you must:
- A. obey the peace officer’s signals.
- B. always come to a full stop.
- C. obey the traffic lights only.